PAWS of Jackson Hole’s career opportunities
Office and Volunteer Coordinator
Description of Duties & Qualifications
Full-time (Monday – Friday – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
Some weekend and evening work will be required
OFFICE MANAGEMENT (20% of time)
- Answer phones, greet people and ensure a welcoming environment for visitors.
- Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Pay bills twice per month.
- Process donations, sponsorships, event ticket sales, receipts and ensure proper entry into Quickbooks.
- Coordinate and execute donor mailings.
- Order office supplies and run errands.
- Troubleshoot myriad office issues which arise with utilities, computers, telephones, cleaning staff, etc.
PROGRAM ADMINISTRATION (40% of time)
- Process financial assistance applications and distribute appropriate vouchers.
- Coordinate with 12 different vet offices to ensure client needs are being met.
- Handle basic program related inquiries and respond to concerns, feedback, and any issues that arise.
- Help coordinate and attend adoption and other outreach events.
- Perform a variety of other duties as directed.
VOLUNTEER COORDINATION (40% of time)
Jackson/Teton County Animal Shelter and Trail Ambassadors
- Assist in recruiting, screening, interviewing, training, managing, and coordinating volunteers.
- Liaise with Jackson Animal Shelter staff and PAWS Program Director to assess organizational volunteer needs and match volunteers with opportunities that suit their skill set.
- At Animal Shelter work with dog trainer to develop a training program for dog walking volunteers.
- Work with Friends of Pathways & PAWS Program Director to develop formal PAWS Trail Ambassador Program and recruit summer and winter volunteers.
- Work with shelter staff and PAWS Program Director to create volunteer program materials.
- Organize and host volunteer orientations, trainings and appreciation events.
- Ensure volunteers are supported, motivated, and receive feedback and acknowledgement.
- Using the Volgisitics software package, track, compile, and assess monthly statistics on volunteer hours.
- Conduct program evaluations with intent to improve the volunteer program.
- Must embrace the mission of PAWS of Jackson Hole and display a strong passion for helping shelter animals, local pets and our community.
- Strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills and ability to engage with a wide variety of people.
- 1-2 years relevant office experience, prior experience with a volunteer-based organization helpful.
- Computer savvy with proficiency in Quickbooks, Word, Excel
- Knowledge of Mailchimp, WordPress, Social Media, Volgistics helpful.
- Be organized and reliable and follow through on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern and empathy for people who are experiencing hardship.
- Demonstrate professionalism, warmth, common sense and good listening ability.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) helpful, but not required.
- All staff members are required to help execute and must attend the Tuxes & Tails Gala and Old Bill’s Fun Run.
Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
APPLICATION: E-mail cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.