PAWS of Teton Valley is hiring full and part-time Animal Care Specialists!
PAWS of Teton Valley is an open admission Animal Shelter providing the following services to the Teton Valley Community: Animal adoption and fostering, accepting all stray and surrendered pets in the Teton Valley Community, providing spay/neuter and veterinary financial assistance to community pet owners, and supporting the pet-owning community with training resources and educational programs to assist in keeping pets in healthy, happy homes.
- Embrace the PAWS mission; To prevent pet homelessness, protect pets from harm and suffering and promote responsible pet ownership.
- Have a clear understanding of all PAWS programs offered to Teton Valley Community Members.
- Maintain a positive, professional, team-focused environment.
- Maintain a positive environment for public engagement. All staff members will engage with shelter visitors, answer phones, return emails and ensure every interaction with a member of the public reflects positively on the organization.
- Stay informed on progressive animal sheltering and handling practices and ensure the care provided at PAWS of TV is current with nationwide trends and local/federal laws.
- Attend trainings, webinars, and animal sheltering and welfare conferences.
Animal Care Specialist (Full-time & Part-time)
The Animal Care Specialist (ACS) is a part time position. The Animal Care Specialist will support the Operations/Facilities Manager (OFM) the Animal Care/Adoptions Manager (ACM) and Animal Care team, and will focus on day-to-day animal care and greet and assist Shelter visitors.
The ACS’s role is to provide the daily care of Shelter animals to insure a humane and compassionate environment. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to, feeding, cleaning, medicating shelter animals, while following all proper handling protocols. The ACS is vital to the daily operation of the Shelter and will be integral in providing the community a progressive and enjoyable adoption and customer service experience.
Description of Duties
Animal Care and Customer Service
- Responsible for cleaning all shelter areas following proper protocols for general population, impounds, and quarantined areas.
- Responsible for pet feeding, medicating, exercise, enrichment, and implementing training plans. Tracks all activity relating to pet care per shelter protocol.
- Ensures communication with AC staff and management of all pertinent animal medical and behavior assessments and needs.
- Assists with Shelter visitors including potential adopters, volunteers, reunifications, impounds, and the visiting public. Ensures all paperwork is filled out for all shelter functions and inputs data/information our database.
- Responsible for answering the phones and emails and returning messages in a timely manner.
- Responsible for running Shelter errands when assigned, and all other duties assigned by the ACM and OFM.
Interested candidates can send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.