PAWS is excited to connect with motivated and passionate individuals to join our team at our Program & Service Office in Jackson, or at our animal shelter in Teton Valley.
PAWS is hiring Full-Time and Part-Time Animal Care Specialist for our Driggs, ID based Animal Shelter. Full job description below.
To apply, please email a resume, cover letter, and your desired position/availability to email@example.com.No phone calls, please.
Information regarding your previous professional and personal experience in animal care & welfare, nonprofit employment, or similar is always appreciated.
Animal Care Specialist
The Animal Care Specialist (ACS) is a 40/hour a week, full-time position. The Animal Care Specialist will focus on providing exceptional day-to-day animal care and will facilitate all animal intakes, adoptions, reunifications, and will greet and assist Shelter visitors.
The ACS’s role is to provide the daily care for Shelter animals to ensure a humane and compassionate environment. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to, feeding, cleaning, medicating, while following all proper handling protocols. The ACS is vital to the daily operation of the Shelter and will be integral in providing the community a progressive and enjoyable adoption and customer service experience.
Description of Duties
Animal Care and Customer Service
- Responsible for cleaning all shelter areas following proper protocols for general population, impounds, and quarantined areas.
- Responsible for pet feeding, medicating, exercise, enrichment, and implementing training plans. Tracks all activity relating to pet care per shelter protocol.
- Ensures communication with management for pertinent animal medical and behavior assessments needs.
- Serves as the point person for Shelter visitors including potential adopters, volunteers, reunifications, impounds, and the visiting public.
- Ensures all paperwork is filled out for all shelter functions and inputs data/information into Petpoint, Petfinder and any other shelter systems.
- Assists in prepping animals and proper paperwork for transports.
- Responsible for answering the phones and emails and returning messages in a timely, courteous and helpful manner.
- Responsible for running Shelter errands, shuttling animals to veterinary appointments, and all other duties assigned.
Adoption and Public Engagement
- Responsible for ensuring the adoption process is within the shelter protocols, including adoption counseling with potential adopters, paperwork, and fees collected.
- Responsible for excellent communication with fosters/adopters/volunteers, Shelter staff, and the public. Ensures care and services are provided per current laws, rules, regulations, and standards.
- Assists Director of Engagement with social media and adoption platforms.
- Assists with community engagement, adoption and volunteer events, and implementing a thriving and welcoming shelter volunteer program.
- Able to multi-task, interact with the public in a positive manner, and able to deal with sensitive and emotional situations.
- Understands PAWS is a service provider and maintains an ethic of helping community members and animals in need.